No Gainesville area homeowner wants their carpets to look neglected. Besides being an eyesore, old, dirty carpets can also be a health hazard. And it’s not surprising that people schedule professional carpet cleaning services yearly. Regardless of the cost, there’s no better sight than a clean carpet under your feet.
While professional cleaning services can handle the dirt and grime, you can also do your part between appointments to keep your carpets well-maintained.
This article will discuss four professional carpet cleaning aftercare tips and what to do in-between appointments.
4 Professional Carpet Cleaning Aftercare Tips
- Drying the carpet with warm air helps the fibers dry more quickly. Turn on your heating and switch on a fan directed at the rug if it’s cold. On the other hand, switch off your AC, open your windows, and turn on fans toward the carpet. Both options enable warm air that accelerates evaporation and reduces the needed time for completely drying it out.
- Keep people and pets off the newly cleaned carpet until it’s properly dried. Walking on the rug flattens fibers and increases drying time. However, if you have to walk on it for whatever reason, wear clean, white cotton socks or house slippers and take the shortest route possible.
- Don’t move furniture back. Anything above your carpet moved before cleaning should stay in its initial position as it dries. However, if professional carpet cleaning technicians place something under your furniture to keep them off the rug, don’t touch or remove them. Wait until it dries.
After it dries, vacuum the floor before moving furniture back to reduce the dirt in your newly cleaned carpet’s fibers.
- Lastly, experts recommend applying a carpet protector after professional carpet cleaning to prevent stains and dirt from sticking and penetrating the fibers. It can extend the time you can go without calling professional carpet cleaning services.
Reduce the foot traffic near the carpet to let the product cure and dry the rug, then thoroughly vacuum it.
3 Things to Do in between Cleaning Appointments
Between professional carpet cleaning services, you can maximize your time by doing these three things:
- Don’t panic. Clean spills and stains immediately if you spill anything on your carpet or notice a new spot. Try to clean up the mess yourself. The longer you wait, the harder it’ll be to get it clean again.
- NEVER rub one spot vigorously when cleaning your carpet, even when trying to remove a stain. Rubbing irritates the fibers and usually worsens things.
Blot the stain with a towel instead. You can also ask your professional carpet cleaning technician for the best spot treatment solutions you can use between professional carpet cleaning sessions.
- Lastly, don’t forget to vacuum. The more time passes without vacuuming sessions, the more dirt will accumulate on the fibers, making it more difficult to remove them.
Vacuum weekly to prevent dirt from accumulating in the fibers. The more people and pets you have in your home the more times weekly you should be vacuuming your carpets and sweeping your hard floors to remove the buildup of debris.
Keeping a Clean and Happy Carpet
Sometimes, you don’t need a fancy maintenance routine to keep your carpet in mint-fresh condition after a professional carpet cleaning session. Following the tips above can help them stay clean for longer.
Dreyer’s Carpet Care offers professional carpet cleaning services in Gainesville, Florida. We want to protect you and your family. Contact us now to get your free estimate!